Looking after the fish you catch should always be your priority. Unhooking mats must be used at all times and fish should be treated with a dedicated carp antiseptic treatment such as kryston’s "Klin-ik" or the Korda care kits, these can be used on any minor cuts, or sores that may be present on the fish. Always make sure you keep any treatment away from the eyes and gills of the fish. Fish must never be left un-attended on the mat at any time and must be kept wet at all times. Fish are not to be retained in anyway except while photography equipment is being set up – sacks and keepnets are NOT allowed and fish may only be retained in a landing net or securely attached floating retainer sling for a short period of time.When photographing fish, watches, rings etc which may cause damage to the fish must be removed and the fish held low over the unhooking mat; anglers must not stand up while holding them. Fish should be returned as soon as possible after capture, support them in the water until they have recovered before releasing.
Please ensure all nets, mats, and weigh slings are dry before entering the fishery. these will be checked and you'll be asked to leave immediately if they are found to be wet or damp. DISINFECTANT DIPS ARE NOW IN PLACE PLEASE USE THEM.
1. Cars must be parked in the car parks provided. Do not block or park in front of any fishery gates. PLEASE shut all gates after you when leaving or arriving at the venue.
2. Anglers fishing swims along the road bank are permitted to unload their vehicle adjacent to their chosen swim but should immediately move their vehicles into the car park once unloaded. The road is in constant use and must not be blocked for any reason.
3. Rods must NOT be left unattended at any time while fishing. Anglers Found off their rods will be asked to leave the fishery without a refund.
4. A maximum of three rods are allowed per angler all three rods must be in the same swim. You must have a valid E.A Rod license and if fishing with three rods the appropriate number of license’s to cover them.
5. Barbed/Micro Barbed Hooks only, No Long Curved Shank hooks, Fox series 5, Long Shank Nailer etc, they cause mouth damage. Barbless hooks size 16 and under may be used for silver fish. Single hook rigs only. NO ZIG RIGS
6. No unaccompanied juniors (under 18)
7. No Guests - Anglers accompanied by a non fishing partner/Wife /Child is allowed and must be booked when purchasing a day ticket prior to fishing, this is classed as a family member such as wife/Husband or child and not friends.
8. Only designated named or numbered Swims may be fished. No swim-building or clearing is permitted.
9. Fish are not to be retained in anyway except while photography equipment is being set up – retaining fish in sacks is NOT permitted. Fish may only be retained in a landing net or floating retainer sling for a short period of time.
10. Anglers must be in possession of an assembled landing net when fishing - at least 42’’ and unhooking mat of sufficient size to protect a 40lb+ fish Preferably with sides. Weigh slings must also be of sufficient size.
11. Before lifting any fish from the water it should be checked to make sure that fins are flat against the body.
12. NO Boats, BAIT BOATS, antisocial behavior, guns, fires, swimming, drugs or heavy drinking. Drug and Alcohol abuse will not be tolerated, those found intoxicated will be asked to leave the fishery.
13. Dogs must be kept on a lead and under control and any mess cleared up.
14. BAIT RESTRICTIONS - NO PEANUTS OR PRESERVED BAITS TO BE USED including SHELFLIFE BOILIES hookbaits excluded. All particle baits such as seeds, Tigernuts, peas and beans must be well soaked, well cooked and used in moderation. No Zig Rigs in any form. NO MAGGOTS in any form
15. The use of BBQ’s is permitted. If you use a disposable BBQ please ensure it is disposed of safely with the rest of your litter.
16. Toilet facilities/Portable toilets are available for use on site and should be used, please keep these clean, thank you! Anyone found defecating on the bankside or grounds around the lake will be banned for life and named and shamed. CCTV is now in operation.
17. Marker floats must not be left out in swims, they must be wound in after use.
18. **YOU MUST HAVE A CARP CARE KIT**. Checks will be done to make sure anglers have the approprriate treatment to treat hook wounds etc. Please make sure you have some or you will be asked to leave the fishery.
19. Any fish found to be stressed or dead should be reported to a bailiff or fishery manager immediately.
20. Fixed leads are not allowed - RIGS WILL BE CHECKED BY OUR BAILIFFS.
Leadcore is permitted but not exceeding 1metre in length.
21. No fish from external sources to be brought onto the site (NO LIVE BAITING). No fish are to be taken out of your swim. No fish are to be taken off site under any circumstance, This will result in prosecution to the highest level.
22. Pike fishing is only allowed from October 1st to March 1st.
23. All fish caught must be returned to the water unharmed (no fish to be taken away or killed).
24.NO LITTER - TAKE IT HOME WITH YOU, You will be asked to leave if there is litter in or around your swim whether yours or not. We now operate a zero tolerance policy against leaving rubbish. If you are found to of left rubbish by mistake or on purpose you will be banned from the fishery.
25. Use of lighting at night should be kept to a minimum.
26. No Excessive noise
27. Please ensure your nets, mats and weigh slings are dry before entering the fishery, those to be found arriving with wet equipment will be asked to leave immediately. Dip tanks Must be used for slings mats and nets on entering the fishery. THIS WILL BE CHECKED
28. Fishing in the River Blackwater is strictly forbidden.
29. Wading is not permitted except for landing fish.
30. Bailiffs will be conducting regular rig checks to ensure anglers are using safe rigs. If unsure please ask.
31. If you are found to be breaking the rules you will be asked to leave the fishery, no matter how long you have been on site or how far you have travelled. Breaking the rules could lead to a lifetime ban and prosecution.
32. Please show consideration to fellow anglers by keeping noise and disturbance to a minimum.
33. Anglers must only fish their own water. Anglers fishing across swims or more than half-way must reel back without question if another angler turns up to fish that swim.
34. Anglers may not reserve swims for themselves or other anglers by placing a bait bucket in a swim.
35. No Braided Mainline, except on spod and marker rods.
36. WE HAVE A TOTAL BAN ON MAGGOTS IN ANY FORM.
37. Exit / Entry gate codes must not be disclosed to any third party. Anyone found to allow access to any third party without a gate code will be asked to leave the fishery without a refund and risk of a ban.
38. PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NOW A TOTAL BAN ON ZIG RIGS IN ANY FORM.
Anyone found breaking the rules will be asked the leave the fishery without a refund and with the risk of a ban. Rig checks will be routinely undertaken. Checks will also be done to make sure anglers have the approprriate treatment to treat hook wounds etc. Please make sure you have some or you will be asked to leave the fishery.
Any problems please contact a bailiff or Fishery manager on 07766416223
Adult ticket holders (over 18) may be accompanied by a non-fishing partner on purchase of a day ticket. Guests are bound by all our rules and terms and conditions, and are required to book as a guest when purchasing a Day ticket. Non fishing guests may only reside in the same swim as the day ticket purchaser. The day ticket holder will be held responsible for their guest's conduct on site and any mis-conduct may result in the withdrawal of BOTH the day ticket and guest ticket. Only one non-fishing guest ticket for each day ticket purchased.
History & Stock
A large stock of carp are present in the fishery, the majority resulting from a 1998 stocking of fish averaging some 3lb in weight. These fish now average over the 20lb mark, there are stacks of 25lb-plus fish and quite literally dozens of 30s with more and more coming through every season. The Venue record stands at over 44lb with several more fish over the magical 40lb mark.
Fishing at Sandhurst Lake is Day Ticket only with tickets available in advance only from the Sandhurst lake website or from Crowthorne Angling Centre.
Crowthorne Angling Centre can be contacted on: 01344 777411.
Crowthorne Angling Centre
91-95 Church Street
No tickets are sold on the bank and no one is allowed to fish without a ticket.
Tickets must always be purchased in advance prior to fishing.
The lake can be booked up for events exclusively, this can be done through the website or by calling 07766416223